We understand that service users and staff will be feeling anxious and vulnerable at this time. Northpoint’s aim is to continue to provide vital support and services to clients and staff throughout the COVID 19 pandemic and we have developed plans for all of our services and teams.
Northpoint understands that the need for mental health and wellbeing support is likely to increase, and we want to reassure services users, partners and others that we will continue to offer as much support as we can.
We are following Public Health England advice closely and offering staff regular updates to help guide implementation of our plans introduced in response to the COVID 19 threat.
- Our workforce is now homebased until further notice.
- We are offering, wherever possible, face to face support using telephone and/or online meetings. Your therapist will endeavour to contact you to arrange this.
- Our offices are closed, please contact us by telephone or email in the usual way and understand that response to items posted/delivered to our offices will be subject to a delay in response. Invoices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are based at the Yorkshire Centre for Eating Disorders (YCED), Seacroft Hospital, Leeds.
We are a carers’ support group that aims to support people who care for anyone over 18 who is living with an eating disorder.
Through sharing our knowledge and experiences, and offering empathy and understanding, we hope to help other carers support their loved one through recovery.
We provide monthly support meetings for carers where people can meet up and share experiences and provide mutual support.
The group is supported by Northpoint Wellbeing, a local charity, and the YCED, part of Leeds Partnerships NHS Foundation Trust.
Our meetings are currently held on the FIRST WEDNESDAY of EVERY MONTH from 7pm to 8.30pm at the Yorkshire Centre for Eating Disorders (YCED), Seacroft Hospital, Leeds.
The next meeting is Wednesday, 6th January 2021. This meeting will be held via Zoom online video conference call. Please contact Alexia Harrison using the contact form below to obtain the link and password to access the meeting (as well as tech support if you are unfamiliar with Zoom).
During each meeting, a group facilitator is there to:
- Welcome attendees
- Help attendees to feel relaxed
- Help the conversation to flow
- Ensure that the conversation remains safe
- Ensure that every attendee feels that they have been heard but also feels comfortable with the discussion.
- Advise or tell you what to do
- Provide therapy
If you are concerned about a loved one’s immediate health you should consider contacting your GP or Accident & Emergency department.
Information about eating disorders can be found at www.b-eat.co.uk
Our next group is on Wednesday, 6th January 2021 at 7pm and will be an open meeting with anyone welcome to attend.
If you need any general information about the group or want to check whether a group is going ahead at late notice (i.e. due to adverse weather conditions) you can telephone the Newsam Centre at Seacroft Hospital on 0113 855 6400.
You can also use the form below to contact the group facilitator/co-ordinator, Alexia Harrison
For more information about Northpoint’s other services, please follow this link to our website.